Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Deadly Sin

I should have known this better than anyone else should. I grew up watching my beloved oyaji struggling with the corrupted system namely my beloved country until the point that I really question him,
why r u coming back here? Why can’t we just stay out of here?
Still, I feel part of me torn when I watch where I am now and where some of them now. I know for sure you do not need to be ‘good’ to be rich in this part of the world. I know for sure that only a thin wall that differ my country and some disputed African countries. However, why do I still feel like this? I chose to walk this way and I have to bear all the consequences of my own choice. Today though, I want to blame the system that makes some people like me evades the country and some people like my oyaji lives struggling in the country. I think I need to really just be grateful for what I am now. And I should keep remember my friend’s quote, “with greater knowledge, comes greater responsibility; with higher education, comes greater responsibility to share it with those who cannot have it”.
Sigh…God, please free myself from this envy and greed.

No comments: